The 70-638 exam is meant to be taken by IT professionals who have a minimum of one year of experience using Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 or Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and related technologies. In addition, candidates should have experience using and configuring Active Directory and network infrastructure components that support the deployment and ongoing management of Office Communications Server 2007 versions.
After you pass Exam 70-638, TS: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Office Communications Server 2007, Configuration certification.
Microsoft Office 70-638: TS: Communications Server 2007, Configuring exam counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Number of Questions: Approximately 50 questions (Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Types of Questions: This test format is multiple choice and multiple choice multiple answer.
- Passing Score: 700
- Time Limit: 195 minutes
- How to Register: Prometric.com
This passing score does not mean that you must answer 70 percent of the items correctly in order to pass the exam. The actual percentage varies from exam to exam and may be more or less than 70 percent. There is no penalty for guessing. No points are deducted for incorrect answers. If a question specifies that you must choose multiple correct answers, you must choose the exact number of correct answers specified in the question in order to earn a point for that item. Some of the questions on the exam may not count toward the calculation of your score. Microsoft will often throw a question in that is meant to gather data that will help them improve the exam.